Step 1: Preparing Your Computer
It is critical to run all downloaded Windows Updates and then restart your computer!. Failure to run these downloaded Windows Updates may result in a "failed" install of the SQL server component of our software.
Step 2: Installing the Software
1. Log into advanceware.com using your manufacturer supplied username and password or Click on a link sent to you by your manufacturer to begin the install process by clicking HERE.
2. Under My Products, click on "Visual Quick Order Entry", then Click on "SetupQOE6.exe" and choose to "Run" or "Open" the file once it has been downloaded to your computer. "Allow" past any Firewall or Virus Scanning warnings, and choose "Yes" if prompted to any Windows User Account Control messages if they appear.
3. Click through the license screens, and click Finish to complete the Install.
NOTE: If you have any issues during install, click HERE to get more help.
Step 3: Install Manufacturer's Catalog
1. While still on the AdvanceWare website, install your manufacturer's catalog. On the left side of the screen, under My Catalogs, click on your manufacturer's name. This will take you to a new page. Under Downloads, click on the link for the catalog.
2. After the file is done downloading, choose to "Run" or "Open" the file. Click through the installer and click Finish to complete the Install.
Step 4: Activate your Visual Order Entry Software
1. After installing both Visual Order Entry and the catalog, look at your desktop and find the orange icon labeled v6 Quick Order Entry. Double click on it to start the program.
2. If this is your first time installing the program on your machine, you will need to activate it. NOTE: You must activate your program once a year. If you receive the notice that you must re-activate your program, look to the instructions for re-activating at the bottom of this page.
3. Click on Register program, where you will need to fill out your information (Step 1) and then submit an activation code request (Step 2). When submitting the activation code request, you can choose the email option as long as you have internet and it will automatically send the email for you.
4. When you receive the activation code via email, you can copy and paste it into Step 3: Activate Program. Then you should be set to begin using Visual Order Entry.
Step 5: Getting Started!
1. Upon opening Visual Order Entry you will be taken to the main screen. At the top, there are several menus: File, Tools, Window, and Help. Under the Help Menu> Help Topics, there are many help topics that you can view to help familiarize yourself with the program. Some of the help topics even have video tutorials that you can watch to help you learn the program.
Reactivating Your Program:
If you receive a notice that you must re-activate your program, follow these steps:
1. Click on Re-Register program (Step 1), where you will need to submit an activation code request. When submitting the activation code request, you can choose the email option as long as you have internet and it will automatically send the email for you.
2. When you receive the activation code via email, you can copy and paste it into Step 2: Re-Activate Program. Then you should be set to continue using Visual Order Entry.